Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 5

Fun....

The 4-day weekend that we shared as a family was so fun.

It started by going to Breakers with Lils (my niece) and my brother-in-law and his family. We had a great time. Bri loved the wave pool. We taught her how to body surf (sort-of) and she thought that was great. I hope we can go back before the season it up.

Friday, we took Bri to school. We were hoping to have a steakhouse lunch, but none are open for lunch during the week. After trying a couple places, we ended up at Ruby Tuesday's. It was good, and we were planning to go see the new Mummy movie, but we were so tired after lunch we came home and watched the first Bourne movie (Bourne Identity) and relaxed. We picked-up Bri and stopped at Sam's Club to pick up a pizza for dinner (they have great pizza that is cheap!)

Saturday, we woke up and had breakfast with my dad at Jerry Bob's. It was tasty as usual. We then did a little shopping and spent the rest of the day doing chores around the house. None of us had slept well on Friday night so it was nice to just relax.

Sunday was also relaxing. I skipped church (bad me!) We had BLTs for lunch which I had been craving for about a week and a "snackie" dinner. It was really nice.

I was not looking forward to going back to work, I knew there would be a lot of work there for me to do. I am the only one that does my job and everything just piles up when I am gone. It was a lot,but fortunately it was mostly lots of little jobs to do and I got most of them done yesterday.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love long weekends just spent with family! Sounds like you had fun. One of these days we need to go out to dinner and let the husbands tend kiddos! I would love to get together!

Best 6 minutes on You Tube...!